One of our favorite perks of FIG is that we get to cross paths with the people and companies transforming the food system and taking genuine steps to make our world a better place. With that in mind, we’re proud to announce our heroes for 2018 — we’ve seen firsthand how these pioneers are fighting for real change.
And, drumroll, our 2018 FIG Heroes are:
- Chef Ann Cooper aka The Renegade Lunch Lady
- Hikari Miso — Japan’s #1 organic miso
- Blue Circle Foods — Leader in genuine sustainable seafood
- Allan Savory and The Savory Institute — Mavericks for regenerative agriculture
- American Cheese Society – Catalysts for this country’s artisan cheese movement
- FoodBytes! by Rabobank – Safe haven for food-ag-tech entrepreneurs
- Farmhand Organics — New name. New look. Same deliciousness.
- Boulder Valley School District – Best school food in the country
- NSF International – Global food safety leader
- QAI – Pioneer and leader in organic certification
- Pastures of Plenty Farm – Our favorite place to party
- Boulder Ensemble Theatre Company – Award-winning and revolutionary
- Conscious Alliance – Art that feeds for those who most need it
- Colorado Music Festival – A world of music on one stage each summer
- Whole Foods Market – Rocky Mt. Region – We’ll open any store with you
- Hain Celestial’s Cultivate Ventures – Accelerating the good within
- Haystack Mountain Cheese – Recent winner of America’s Best Cheese by World Cheese Society
And, yes, these are our FIG clients in this fresh new year. We are so honored and darn lucky.