How did you get your start in PR?
- I went to school for Speech Communication/Media Studies and decided I wanted to do PR. I then enrolled in the Journalism school as a second major, concentrating in PR. My first “real” PR experience was interning for a local sport/entertainment arena in the area. The internship focused on promoting and telling stories about the different events the arena was hosting. It later turned into a full time job. I feel lucky to have had such great experience while finishing school that turned into my first job in the PR world!
Favorite thing about living in Colorado?
- Access to the mountains and the climate.
Favorite recipe to cook?
- Risotto. It’s always a battle. Sometimes it comes out perfectly, other times you are still stirring after 2 hours.
- This is tough. Probably Squealing Pig, Sauvignon Blanc that I first tried in Australia. I think I bought out the Duty Free Shop on my way home.
Where is your favorite travel destination so far, and one place you really want to visit?
- Cairns, Australia. Diving at the Great Barrier Reef was on my bucket list and the whole place was magical. I didn’t want to leave. Next up: Fiji.
What are you reading right now?
- Reading the Roald Dahl collection to my son
First app or website you check in the morning?
- Usually Twitter, Facebook then CNN
Stay tuned to the blog for ‘get to know you’ profiles with each of the FIGs in coming weeks!